Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peppermint Gift Basket

 

I bought the gifts that would go into my children's teacher's gift baskets awhile back. But, it took me forever to purchase the stuff I would need to put it all together. So three days before school I make a quick run to pick up the fixings for the gift basket. The good thing about this gift is it can be whipped out in no time. In other words, if you are looking for a last minute teacher gift then here is an easy DIY gift basket.

I found these adorable reindeer hot/cold insulated cups with matching green and white reusable straws last Christmas. I thought they would be a perfect teacher gift. I put some hot cocoa packets inside the cups for those cold days. Then, I added a bag of  Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark candy. Yum! (I wouldn't mind getting some of that sweetness!)

Hobby Lobby had some cute peppermint patterned tin cans. I filled these with some of our favorite hot cocoa toppings (marshmallows, peppermint candies, caramel candies, and chocolate chips.) I divided those into mini zipper close baggies that I also found at Hobby Lobby.




I lined an open gift box container (also peppermint themed) with red tissue paper and filled the box with all the sweet goodies. I sprinkled more peppermint candies for fillers. I bought some gift basket wrapping and tied it all up together with a pretty ribbon.




I was short on time so I quickly wrote a tag that read, "You were 'Mint' to be my teacher!"



I like homemade gift baskets because you can fill it with the stuff that you love! You know exactly what is going in there...and, they just look so darn pretty! I put two of these baskets together for my two school-aged children to give to their teachers. But, I think just about anybody would enjoy this sweet and delicious gift basket!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Themed gifts are the best-as is anything that includes chocolate.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, can't go wrong when you add a little chocolate!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Mama Gets It Done! I love hearing from you!